- This event has passed.
Women in Finance Leadership Breakfast
February 6 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
The Fourth Annual Women in Finance Leadership Breakfast will be hosted in collaboration with the Teacher Retirement System of Texas and SBAI (by invitation only).
On behalf of the Texas Alternative Investments Association (TAIA), Standards Board for Alternative Investments (SBAI) and the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please join us for the fourth annual Women in Finance Leadership Breakfast. We are delighted to have a strong group of women to lead a discussion over breakfast on generational diversity in asset management.
Today’s workforce comprises many different generations, including traditionalists, baby boomers, Generation X, Millennials and Generation Z, all bringing different perspectives, expectations, ambitions and work styles to the table. While this diversity brings many benefits, it also can lead to conflicts that may result in higher employee turnover and affect productivity.
Under Chatham House Rule, this roundtable is intended to bring together women, managers and investors to discuss generational diversity in the asset management industry and share best practices:
- Are different generations all that different (values, attitude toward money, work-life balance, sensitivities, …) – does it matter? How much can we generalize?
- What are differences / conflicts that can arise?
- What changes have organizations embraced to better appeal to different generations? (what works, what doesn’t, and why)?
- What implications do those changes have for management style, team composition, managing innovation, etc.?
- What techniques have organizations used to address generational divides? (e.g. (reverse) mentoring, team building, etc.)
- How do corporate values and culture take account of (generational) diversity?
- How will millennials reshape the workplace in the next 10 years?
We look forward to seeing you there!